Today's run started out kinda hard. I was too tired, feeling too fat, too old, blah blah blah. Fortunately I am learning to ignore the negative talk that my brain has a tendency to do. By the end of the run I felt good and awake and strong and glad. And thankful.
I've been thinking about switching from running to biking, because that may be better for my knees. But I do love running. And to be honest, I hate the idea of trying to drag my bike up the stairs from the basement at 5:30 AM. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Maybe if I really wanted to bike I could find room in the garage for it. But as you can tell, I'd rather run.
So, I am thankful that I can still run. Thankful that my knee has not been hurting me. Thankful for my overall health. Even though I still have a few pounds to go to get to my goal "healthy weight", I'm so much better off than I was 5 years ago. Thankful for the awesome park that is right here, and the cool trees God created.
I am thinking about training for the Race with Grace 10 K, which is on Thanksgiving day every year. I like having a goal to work toward, and a 10K is not nearly as demanding as that half-marathon was. So I might do that. And if it gets to be too much for my knee, then maybe I'll take up the bicycle in the spring. After all, bicycles don't work too well in Rochester in the winter.
By the way, that banana bread recipe is awesome! I have about 1/3 left to do on my sweater bag (knitting project). P is managing so far this school year. Some days are better than others, some of the kids are better than others. I think he's doing great, all things considered. This week, my baking project is cupcakes, for a certain little person's birthday party. I'm very excited about this!! So many options! What fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment