...

Aug 30, 2008

mmm mmm yummy

Baking has become a hobby of mine since I got married. Not sure why -- maybe because I actually have a workable size kitchen? A few weeks ago I signed up at church to bake some muffins for a week-long missionary training seminar. (I made Oatmeal Spice muffins. They were pretty good. Dense, from the oatmeal, and with an aura of chai about them.)

This week I read in the D&C about Operation Baking Gals and decided to join their cause of spreadin' the love to our servicemen & women.

I baked snickerdoodles. They are a favorite of mine & P's, except he doesn't like real butter. But I used real butter for these, and yes, they're even better that way. I was able to load some other treats -- magazines, a roll of duct tape, some strawberry cereal bars -- into the box, too. And I shipped it off to the address I was given. (You may ask why duct tape. An old friend of mine who was sent to Afghanistan told me that was the best thing I sent him. He really could use it. So, I figured why not, for these guys, too?) They are on their way overseas.

No comments: