I am officially registered for the Boilermaker 15K -- yipes! If it doesn't work out to drive & room overnight with some old friends, I will try to take the FF bus. I ran almost 6 miles last weekend. I didn't get a true long run this weekend, but I did the 5K and I did about 5 mi this morning. Looks promising that I will be ready for this race.
Guess what!
A friend and I tore the carpets up in my livingroom this past weekend and there are beautiful wood floors underneath! I am so pleased with this beautification of our home. And I am so grateful to Ami for her help!! Sometime I should photograph and show the interesting pictures decorating our home. They were painted by my sweetie and his grandpa.
I baked some molasses cookies. I hate the smell of molasses (pre-cooking), but my sweetie loves the finished product, so I had to make them for my sweetie! Instead of the recipe in my cookbook, this time I tried the recipe on the Brer Rabbit Molasses bottle. I highly recommend this recipe. (I highly discourage the other one, but I don't recall which cookbook it was in.) The first attempt at this recipe turned out great. Yesterday, I actually did not have enough molasses, so they're kind of "light" cookies, but they're decent. Next time I will be sure to have sufficient ingredients. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment