...

Aug 12, 2009

miscellanea

I love a foggy, sultry morning like this morning was, and yesterday. Up here by my office, the fog burns off too soon. I wish it would linger.


This is what happens when the sun comes out... Geese & Cat squabble over the remaining puddles of water. Ok, they didn't squabble, it was more of a stand-off, to see who would last longer. Ultimately, I tipped the scales for the geese when I closed in for the photograph. The cat was nervous about what I was doing and decided it was best to get out of the situation. It is funny to me that the big, fat geese, which far outnumber the one scrawny cat, were afraid of it. I can understand the cat being nervous of the gaggle of geese, although I think it was contemplating lunch. And he probably knows he has the claws.

I have not been running this week. Yes, this throws off my 10K training plan, but I was slightly ahead of the plan, so I think I'll do ok if I pick up again next week. I was sick and didn't feel up to running, plus the medication I received had warnings about rupturing a tendon. I don't want to risk that, so I think I'll wait until the medicine has left my system before I hit the road. Holy macaroni, I hate taking medicine. In the meantime, no progress in this area.

And there has been an almost constant flow of bad news lately. Frankly, Sweet P and I are just trying to hold on to our own sanity with his job-hunting and my everything else causing me stress. I really don't want to hear any more bad, sad, troubling news. I'd like to just hide under a rock and hibernate for a while, thankyouverymuch.

(If God gives us only what we can bear... does that factor in other people's burdens that we feel burdened to bear? Not that I can possibly bear the burden for another woman who lost her husband and is now a widow with 3 children, but I ache for her. I really do. Almost beyond words. It makes Sweet P's unemployment seem insignificant in comparison, and yet it is not insignificant to him. My heart aches for him, too. Prayer is probably the only comfort, and yet, prayer seems insufficient. How can it be insufficient when God is all-sufficient? I don't know. I'm just kind of floundering here in sadness at the moment.)

No comments: