...

Oct 19, 2011

run in the park

So, I'm living in a new town now with my honey. The one with the job offer. It's an ok place. The thing is, for running, whew! It surely is hilly here! I was so spoiled running along the river in our other locale.

I'm getting used to it though. Slowly. I've always liked hills. But there are a lot more of them to contend with now.

I ran a local 5K in the park. It was a trail run, and trails are always slower than road runs. So I chalk my slow finish time up to *that*, not my lack of fitness. ha. hmmm. But I like living near this awesome park, and am growling more accustomed to trail running.

I'm hoping to work up to 6 miles in the next month, so that I can run the Thanksgiving Day Race with Grace. That's one goal. Second, there is a chocolate-themed 15K in Washington, DC, that is tormenting me. 15K is 9 miles. I maybe could do it... we'll see. I'd get to see my other sister and her kids if I head over to DC, so that's a bonus.

No comments: