...

Sep 6, 2009

crank call

Got a phone call at 2:50 AM; then a 2nd call a few minutes later. I have no idea what that was all about. I don't think it was silly kids trying to be funny. The callers seemed angry. But I'm inclined to think that we were not the actual intended recipient. I have no idea why someone would be angry enough at me to say the things these people said. I have no idea who the callers were. I think their ire was misdirected or mis-dialed. How unfortunate.

I went through a mental checklist: have I had any interaction with my neighbors that was hostile? does this have to do with the neighborhood association? could it be because of where I work? None of these seem to fit.

It is frustrating that in a half-asleep stupor I could not come up with words to respond to the callers. This morning as I mulled over the events, I came up with replies and retorts ranging from investigative to snarky. Alas, it does me no good now.

We put a trace on the call, which I will follow up with the phone co. on Tuesday. As for tonight, I am hoping for peaceful sleep and no more drama.

No comments: