...

Dec 14, 2010

finding love again

I ran in the snow today. Only a short run because it's super freaking cold outside, but it was fun!! We got up early & shoveled our property. Then, since I wasn't feeling too frost-bitten, I took off running. It wasn't bad until I was headed back west toward home. The wind is coming in from the west. Ouch. And that stretch of sidewalk was not only not plowed, but it had the plow debris from the road, making the snow almost up to my knees. So that was the worst part of the run, but ya know what? Overall it was wonderful!

I'm also renewed in my spirit. At church this week, Pastor preached on being a committed disciple, and gave three points that we should try to follow in order to be a committed disciple.
1. Read the Bible. He encouraged people to read through the Bible this year.
2. Give to a missionary regularly.
3. Share the gospel.

I think he phrased all of these items so that they were daily or weekly. I can't remember exactly. But I've already been working on these 3 things myself, before he even mentioned it. It just gave me confirmation and encouragement that I'm on the right track.

I'm reading through the Torah this year (first 5 books of the Bible, Moses' books). I'm giving monthly to a missionary family (this is a step of faith, but I was impressed that I needed to do this). And I am reaching out evangelisitically to people. Another step of faith. I'm praying God will give me someone to disciple. I'm also praying for certain people who are not yet believers. Well, I could say more about that, but I'm out of time.

No comments: